Does ANYBODY know a decent boat mover in Westchester/Rockland

Benny67

Chief Petty Officer
I just bought a 27ft Carver Montego twin screw...got a fantastic deal on it and the guy I bought it from was a real good guy and let me keep it at his home till I found a mover.

Had a guy lined up and his truck broke down...twice in 2 days trying to move it. Once in the guy's driveway!

This guy was a cragslist dude. His heart was in the right place but he didn't have reliable equipment to do the job.

I now have to find another mover asap that's not gonna anally...well you get the idea.

Anyhow,best price I got from a legit mover with a hydralic trailer was $700 to move it 40 miles...I can live with that... a fair pay for a fair job. He now is in Maryland and cant do it. I have a company lined up for $950 but they cant do it till late next week.

So my question is...does anyone know a boat hauler in the Westchester/Rockland/Fairfield County that would actually return my phone calls and do the job?

It would be great if it could be done over the weekend. I believe there is a oversize load restriction on the roads for the holiday weekend but I am not sure if the boat falls into that category.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Don't know a specific mover but check the marinas in Mamaronek, up by Glenn Cove, Tarrytown, and Greenwood lake. One of then should know someone professional.

Benny67

Chief Petty Officer
Found a guy in cos Cobb...If he follows through I will post his name for others to use. Lets see if he does what he says

Benny67

Chief Petty Officer
Update....Guy in Cos Cobb is really located in Greenwich CT

We haul boat transport LLC Guy's name is Jack. Does what he says and is on time and reasonably priced...nice guy too

203 496 0226

If you need to move a boat this is the guy to call.