Trouble centering a 16' boat on EZ Loader (with the rollers)

tmstuff

Recruit
Thank you for letting me join! We have a 16' Glastron open hull which we trailer on a gal. EZ Loader. They were bought as a pair in 1988, when we purchased them. Yesterday, for the first time, we have encountered issues on the boat self centering when we took it out of the water. I cannot remember any maintenance that should be done concerning the rollers on this trailer? Does anyone have any info on this? Thanks again!

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Usually the answer here is backing in too deep.... You said you've had this boat since '88 without previous issues so that leads me to think that you likely do need to do some maintenance... IIRC the rollers on that trailer have plastic bushings in them... If those have broken the rollers may not be rolling freely...

tmstuff

Recruit
Thank you, Kevin. Perhaps that is why the rollers have been leaving marks on the bottom.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
That and they tend to deteriorate over time...

Might be time to bite the bullet and replace them all.

wahlejim

Master Chief Petty Officer
I 2nd the replace them all. Those rollers are old!! Leaving marks on the boat is definitely indicative of not rolling freely. When they don't roll freely, they wear unevenly and don't level the boat correctly. Change them all out.

airshot

Rear Admiral
Yep....time for new rollers, did mine two years back....cost was not pleasant but... boat loads great once again.