I need a new winch

Fxportapot

Cadet
I don't know about you guys, but the bowrider this is being used for most certainly has humans on it when being used...

floater212

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a fulton F2 winch which is a 2 speed, great for my 212 rinker captiva about 3500 lbs. on a bunk trailer. I have had surgery on right shoulder and left bicep tendon repair so doc said NO MORE CRANKING MY BOAT.. this winch I can pull it up like there is no boat attached to cable, also after I pull out of this one ramp and the boat move off the bow stop, if bunks are dry I used the low gear and if bunks are still wet I use high gear..... not a problem at all. best thing I ever bought for the boat!!!!

southkogs

Staff member
I don't know about you guys, but the bowrider this is being used for most certainly has humans on it when being used...
Hopefully not when it's being loaded on the wagon!

I suppose it's worth saying ... without trying to hijack the topic ... it really is best not to load your boat with the occupants still aboard. That's what the courtesy piers are for.

Fxportapot

Cadet
So the winch worked flawlessly and easily... However the boat wouldn't start at launch... It turned over but wouldn't actually start, I'm blaming the battery for sure. It would read 13v but when actually starting would drop way down to around 6v, I'm new to boating but not to engines. New battery it is. I think I'm actually going to set it up with a switch and run two. I'll have to check the age of the battery in it now but I'm betting it's going to make a good back up for accessories.

Fxportapot

Cadet
Was out again today. Went to launch the boat and the detachable handle had "detached" itself on the ride to the lake. Bummer. But i had a wrench so everything worked out fine. I was able to winch the boat down with just a 6" 10mm crescent wrench. Great winch, I should of known that detachable handle might someday detach itself 😁