1 person VS 2 person tubes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 person VS 2 person tubes

Looking at buying a tube during the off season for my boat. All adult fun, not really interested in multiple riders.

How does a single person tube handle a 200 lb adult VS a 2 rider. Comfort wise?

1996 Sea Ray 230BR Merc 5.7 260HP
    1995 Sunbird Neptune -- SOLD

I'm 6'2" and 185#. I like the 2 person just for the bit of extra room. I really don't notice any ride quality difference though. I have 5 different tubes, my 2 man is the one that gets used most. This is it, bought right here on iboats. http://www.iboats.com/ENFORCER-60-D-...iew_id.1386194

Comment

I have a three person deck style tube, (Gladiator), that we absolutely love. The nice thing about the three person and this style is it makes for great relaxing when anchored. And that, is comfort.

I would stay away from the single tubes. They are ok for kids, but really too small for average sized adults IMO.
      1986 Bayliner 16' Capri, 90 hp Johnson (sold)
      1990 Chaparral 2000 SL Sport, 4.3L LX, Mercruiser Alpha I, Gen I

Link to Chaparral restoration- http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-repair-and-restoration/boat-restoration-building-and-hull-repair/10286641-chaparral-2000-sl-sport-floor-and-more

Comment

The bigger tubes are much more stable and typically less bounce in my experience. Also they are good for lounging at the sandbar as Baylinerchuck said.
        Only bad thing is they are a pain to store if you have a small boat like we do.
        1996 Chaparral 1830 SST, 2002 Sea-Doo Sportster LE, 1997 Seadoo Challenger (SOLD), 2002 Seadoo GTX Millenium Edition, 2004 Seadoo GTI, 2007 Seadoo GTI 155 4-tec , 1997 Seadoo GTX

Comment

Working...
        X