Help Identifying Boat Model

We found this old boat (see attached photos) at camp, complete with intact sails but can't entirely be sure of rigging and I am wondering if someone can tell what boat type/model she is so perhaps we can find more information about all of the rigging hardware it would have had. I am a total newbie to sailing but our first trips were awesome so I want to learn more including how to properly set it up.

Thanks

Attachments

• photo225563.JPG
    photo225563.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 1
  • photo225564.JPG
    photo225564.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 1
  • photo225565.jpg
    photo225565.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1

tpenfield

Staff member
Your answer is probably right on the mainsail . . . (FJ) Flying Junior :noidea: Seems like a fleet racer series of boat. having a few different models and sizes. Google some pictures to see if you can match up to a particular model . . . might be the FJ 13.

SolingSailor

Petty Officer 2nd Class
We have a lot of Flying Junior boats here in Marina Del Rey, California. I will have to look more closely next time I'm out, but your boat doesn't look like an FJ to me.
Doesn't matter, because your pictures show you sailing along just fine. Don't worry too much about what is original rigging, and so on. If you can keep the mast up, run the sails up and down, wiggle the rudder, raise and lower the centerboard, trim the mainsail and jib, and keep most of the water on the outside of the boat, it's all good. Enjoy your new boat, we'll see you out there!

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
Flying Junior, but I'll betcha' it's an oooooooold Flying Junior. Look at the 60s models.

Welcome aboard.