Grumman Gunter Sail Rigging

bmerge

Recruit
Hello! I'm looking for information on rigging the Grumman sliding Gunter sail. Original instructions that is. Is anyone able to post pictures of the original instruction sheets or send a link? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a 19 ft. square stern from around 1961 and both a Lateen and Gunter sale rigs. Both sets of leeboards have the curved handles on them as opposed to the slotted handles if you will. Anyone know how that dates these kits? Thank you in advance. Brian

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard Brian:

I don't know Gunter rigs very well. I've seen 'em but never used 'em. I'm not sure if anyone will be able to post up instructions or not. Maybe THIS will help a little?

bmerge

Recruit
Many thanks for the welcome and the link! I'll read it with great interest for sure! Grumman printed actual instructional brochures for both the Lateen and the Gunter rigs. I did receive the old Lateen brochure but nothing for the Gunter and am hopeful that someone has one sitting around who will share pictures of the actual printing. It's astounding how many people are on this forum!

bmerge

Recruit
Greetings to all! I'm still looking for original Grumman Sail Rig instructions if anyone can help. Pictures are all I need and not your original document.