Return to sailing?

NewfieDan

Petty Officer 1st Class
A fwe years ago I used to sail. Now I have moved to a place where I can actually use a sail boat again. For quite some time I was land locked and didn't have access to real water for a sail boat. Now I am thinking of getting back into it again. What do I look for in a used sail boat? How will I know if it is a good price or not?

I currently have a power boat. This will be in addition to the motored variaety.

Bsquared

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Return to sailing?

Almost every popular boat has an owners group on the web; they would be your best source for used boat advice and price information. Google is your friend :) Could also ask at Sailing Anarchy, but you better be prepared for a rough welcome on that site.

fredsr2

Recruit
Re: Return to sailing?

A fwe years ago I used to sail. Now I have moved to a place where I can actually use a sail boat again. For quite some time I was land locked and didn't have access to real water for a sail boat. Now I am thinking of getting back into it again. What do I look for in a used sail boat? How will I know if it is a good price or not?

I currently have a power boat. This will be in addition to the motored variaety.

Sailing is a lot of fun, I spent many afternoons sailing around the bay in San Diego with a small sailboat. Came across this Topaz Race X Sailing Dinghy that would be a hoot. Easy to transport and not too terribly expensive whenever the bug hit.
Can't figure out how to post a photo so here is a link: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-n17R-kTCFd4/UGkoHwHcnTI/AAAAAAAABRU/ZMAGBJAErPw/s320/43222.jpg

Attachments

• 43222.jpg
    43222.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 0