Alumacraft fiberglass sailboat

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverharbour

Recruit
Re: Alumacraft fiberglass sailboat

It says in the original sales brochure that the centerboard pivots? Mine has a bolt and a slot but the board seems to be larger than the housing so it won't pivot....am I missing something? Does yours pivot?

Leifster

Recruit

It says in the original sales brochure that the centerboard pivots? Mine has a bolt and a slot but the board seems to be larger than the housing so it won't pivot....am I missing something? Does yours pivot?

yes, it should pivot if someone hasn't tightened the bolt too much. In the up position the bolt will be in the aft part of the slot. As the centerboard pivots down, it needs to move aft along the slot to allow the forward bottom corner of the centerboard to come up through the neck. In other words, it needs to slide along the slot as it pivots or it won't fit. 100_0344.jpg100_0345.jpg Where did you find the original sales brochure?

i'm trying to sell mine, out of MN

Mark17

Recruit
Re: Alumacraft S 14 RUDDER

Hi Everyone I am new to this Thread and a buddy and I are working to restore his S 14. We need the Rudder or plans to fabricate one and I am wondering if anyone could steer us in the right direction as to where we could obtain one or plans so we could make one. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

medic33

Recruit
Re: Alumacraft S 14

Re: Alumacraft S 14

Hi, i am well versed in the world of canoeing and kayaking and have been a lifelong fan of sailing but am rather new to the world of sailboat ownership and maitenence. i have a s-14 Alumacraft, i would like to mount a motor on it, was wondering if anyone has done this? I have a 9.9HP Tohatsu i would like to use, is the stern of the s-14 thick enough? or even rated for a motor bracket? i have an aluminum adjustable external motor mount that i would like to use as well, i'm really not sure where to start? do i mount the motor offset? or can i mount the motor midline and then mount the rudder offset? does that even make sense? again forgive my ignorance as im new to this and learning on this boat as its cheap and affordable before i make a bigger investment in a larger sailboat, any help would be great!

medic33

Recruit

i can send you pic's of the rudder on mine with measurements and such? seems like a straight forward project to build!

Mark17

Recruit

Hey Medic, Yeah that would be great if you could post pictures and measurements... that's exactly what we need! Thanks so much for time and effort, I really appreciate it!

emoney

Commander

Medic, you more than likely will need to use a backing board to mount your bracket but definitely, make the engine "offset" NOT the rudder. The rudder has a hard enough time as it is steering the boat, so being offset will make it virtually impossible.

medic33

Recruit

So what you suggest to be used for backing board? should i glass it in on the inside of the transom? then drill through and mount the bracket? i was also going to build a metal angle piece that would bolt through the transom to the bracket and then angle 90 degrees and have a flange that bolts to the under part back of the rear deck where its molded to the transom. i just want this thing to have no chance of failing since ive been there and done that over the years and like to over prepare even if its overkill! also what side should i mount? im right handed and should i mount it on the opposite side im going to sit? thanks for all the help!

hal9000

Recruit

Mine was made by a different company.. the label says ROLLY TASKER sailmakers Carey Illinois
maybe try there
View attachment 111797

hope this helps

I contacted the original maker of the sails, J W Mills Awning Company and the no longer have the pattern for the S-12 sail. So does nyone have one for sale? Does some one have the sail dimensions so I could make a new one. Clearly I have the Hull mast etc but no sail!

Status
Not open for further replies.