Advice for rigging a 15' Catamaran

Status
Not open for further replies.

StringBox

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Advice for rigging a 15' Catamaran

Ed<br />If you have any doubt, replace the shroud. I've been de-masted more than once. It's just not worth taking the chance. Besides, your crew (wife, girl friend, hot babe from the beach) will never go sailing with you again, or even worse, never let you live it down. <br />I once rescued two guys who had lost a mast in a storm. Bad Storm! Their boat washed up on the beach 8 months later.<br />Go to a sail boat shop and have them make you up some brand new shrouds.

Beached

Cadet

Stringbox,<br /> I've been trusting you for good,sound advice.But I find it a little insane ( and crowded ) to have a wife,girl friend and hot babe from the beach all on one crew. :cool: :eek: :p

Knoxes

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Unless, like mine, they are one-in-the-same.

Beached

Cadet

Any response to that line will get us ALL in trouble. :)

Knoxes

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yeah, I noticed that had kinda brought this thread to an end. What can I say - I'm happily married. :D

Beached

Cadet

Knoxes and Stringbox,<br /> Just to bring you up to date. I up dated some hardware,added new "crimped" shrouds and rigged new lines.I'm still working on a trapeze rig.I took Sunday off from doing "things" I was supposed to do and declared a "boat day".I spent the day washing,compounding,polishing and waxing.<br />I found a beach in Sea Isle,New Jersey that caters to catamarans.I'll let you guys know how it's going.<br />Thanks again for sharing your past experiences and technical info.<br /> ---------------------------------------<br />Who is it that once said "It's easy once you know how"? :D

Beached

Cadet

Knoxes and Stringbox,<br /> Just to bring you up to date. I up dated some hardware,added new "crimped" shrouds and rigged new lines.I'm still working on a trapeze rig.I took Sunday off from doing "things" I was supposed to do and declared a "boat day".I spent the day washing,compounding,polishing and waxing.<br />I found a beach in Sea Isle,New Jersey that caters to catamarans.I'll let you guys know how it's going.<br />Thanks again for sharing your past experiences and technical info.<br /> ---------------------------------------<br />Who is it that once said "It's easy once you know how"? :D

Beached

Cadet

HEY...can anybody recommend a jib furling brand or system.My forestay bolts directly to the center of a bow to bow crossmember. :confused:

Knoxes

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ed - you may want to post a new topic for better response to this one. FWIW, Pop's keelboat has a Harken system, I think, and it's been easy to work with aside from a couple of small design issues. I'm pretty sure he's never had a problem with it. Can't say that I've seen a cat with a furling, but I don't pay much attention these days. I guess it would make rigging a little easier if you could keep it stepped, but we never really kept the mast up, so it wouldn't have made sense. It's not like on the keelboat where you have to drag the 150 up from below (oomph..), clip all those rings on the stay, run the sheets, then haul that thing up. That's work.

Beached

Cadet

Knoxes,<br /> Good idea.I'll post a new topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.