Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Store Links Mobile - Shop Now

Announcement

Collapse

SITE MAINTENANCE

The iBoats Forums will be down for maintenance starting at 10 AM MST on 12/16/2017. The estimated amount of downtime is 3 hours (we are expected to be back up at 1:00 PM MST). Thanks for being a part of the iBoats community!
See more
See less

hmmm new sailboat maybe

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmmm new sailboat maybe

so in a weird twist of events, I sold my old O'Day 19 as I was planning to move. wound up not moving so wanted another boat. first was looking at larger boats, gonna put it in a slip and take friends out etc.

than yesterday was looking at CL and found a zuma. small little bugger, I had looked at them new before and thought it would be prefect. well this one looked clean, was inexpensive and is so easy to set up and I can go out by myself when ever I get the notion.

Picking it up tonight on the way home from work.

will give me a chance to really sail and practice different points of sail, and get a better feel for what makes what happen.

big boats are fun but I have never had a small "wet" boat to sail, so gonna try this for a bit.

maybe next year I will look for the slip boat.....................maybe

Looks like a fun little wet sailor. Have fun boating.
    Hang on a minute, I'm overthinking this.

1988 Chaparral 1900 SX -4.3L Merc - Alpha 1 Gen 1
    1989 Chaparral Fisherman 224 -175 Yamaha OB
    1996 SeaDoo Challanger

Comment

Cool little racer! Hope it's a good buy for ya'.

I actually enjoy the little wet sailers. On a hot day it's a fun time running 'em hard and even dumping 'em a little bit.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_270443_1499813187632_202[/ATTACH]

Comment

yep, sweet deal. picked up the boat with a really nice galv steel trailer. all the rigging is in perfect condition and very nice sails. for 800. probably could have neg a bit lower but the boat was worth what he was asking so I snatched it up.

Haven't gotten to try it out yet. This weekend was crazy for weather and than hectic for things to do so hopefully this coming weekend I can get it out.

Have to say it looks fast just sitting in my garage. Can't wait t osee what it does in the water

Comment

I remember my first sail in a small sloop with my dad ... I think I spent more time screaming than sailing

Comment

so I got it out weekend before last. Wow even in very light winds she goes quite well. tooled her around the lake for an hour or two than brought her back. I did find that the tiller needed replacing as it crack and eventually broke where it was attached to the rudder.

not a big deal, ordered the new one and it is already in place and ready to go again.

Comment

I don't see any pictures ...

Bummer on the tiller, but better to have it happen in the light winds I suppose. Glad it sailed well. I was just talking with my daughter about a little wet sailer this weekend ... I've definitely got the bug. Just probably not the money or time right now

Comment

Originally posted by southkogs View Post
                I don't see any pictures ...

Bummer on the tiller, but better to have it happen in the light winds I suppose. Glad it sailed well. I was just talking with my daughter about a little wet sailer this weekend ... I've definitely got the bug. Just probably not the money or time right now

Interesting you ask for that. I had pics of it and can't seem to find them. May have to take a couple more and post them up.

Comment

Originally posted by avenger79 View Post
                  May have to take a couple more and post them up.
                  "May" is blasphemy on this forum ... "MUST," man, "MUST!"

Comment

here she is

Comment

it is a long way from this. LOL I sailed on this for a while.

Comment

David and Goliath there

The Zuma looks great! Pretty colors too. I've always enjoyed sailing the smaller boats - particularly the cat rigs.

In an odd turn of events, it seems my uncle still has one of our old sailboats. It's been in a barn for several years, but covered and cared for ... and they wanna' get rid of it. So, sometime after the first of the year I'll be towing our little Capri 14 down here to sail.

Looks like this (though this one is not our boat):
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	1987-catalina-capri-142-iipmpzj.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	254134

No mercy from this dude either - you either learn to sail it, or look like a buffoon while it wobbles all over the place.

Comment

That sounds like a great deal. I like the smaller Capri's they have a nice look to them. Yes I would imagine it would be a "lively" little ride as well.

Comment

Hi
                            Good luck with that:-)
                            How much do you want to spend? What kind of boat do you want to buy? I'm just curious beacuse I'm sailor myself and own small boat but thinking to change as well and take a 3 weeks of holiday and just travel.

Comment

Welcome daniel. Can you start your own thread and you'll get some great help
                              1979 Carver Montego 2357 | 260 Mercruiser upgraded to Alpha | 2006 Nissan 15hp kicker

Girls cry and boys fart in front of friends, but girls fart and boys cry in front of true friends.

Comment

Working...
                              X