1994 Seadoo GTS overheats in the water but not while connected to a garden hose?

DarylL

Cadet
1994 Seadoo GTS overheats after about 5-10 minutes in the water. The pisser from the top of the head spits out boiling hot water and steam, and the overheat alarm sounds. I pulled it out of the water and connected to my garden hose and ran it in my driveway for 20 minutes without any issues. I took all of the hoses off and ran water through them without any problems. I ran water through the block, and exhaust manifold and it flowed like normally. I put it back in the water and it overheats in 5-10 minutes. I checked the water cooling lines and connections again and can't find any debris.
I noticed a tiny crack in the exhaust pipe water jacket. It's just barely noticeable and weeps about 1 drop of water every 10 seconds. I wouldn't think this would cause my problem. Would it?? Any ideas?

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander
clean out the water hose going from the pump to the engine it probably has sand , weeds etc plugging it up

DarylL

Cadet
I checked the lines. Water flows great. I replaced the exhaust pipe and ran it in the water again. I water temperature in the river was 78 degrees. The water coming out of the head pisser was at maximum 160 degrees when idling. When cruising it's about 140 degrees. The water temperature coming out of the exhaust pisser was 130 degrees. The over heat alarm did not sound. Is this too hot?