Weird seadoo xp

DJ87

Seaman
Hey guys , so I bought 2 xps on a trailer with one running one not both near to mint condition. The 95 xp 717 is perfect with no issues the 94 657x was a train wreck with engine in pieces in boxes. The bottom end was locked up and top end trashed with a broken ring that destroyed cyclinder wall. I got a replacement crank and 657x with new seals etc , top end was purchased as stock cyclinder heads on eBay with with no damage/ within spec . I honed it with new pistons and rings then reassembled with new seals and o-rings . Runs great with lots of power and we took it out last week with no problems , however today it didn't want to run. It seems to be getting more oil than fuel and smoked a lot last run. When I refueled it after last visit my 717 was at 1/2 tank the 657 was almost empty with both running about the same time last time out. It wouldn't start today and seemed to have more oil than fuel fouling the plugs. I haven't started working on it again as we just got home. I know compressions good and have no leaks, is this a timing problem ? What's the different between a 657 and 657x ? Should I start with timing checks or go through carbs? We ran 4 hours with no issues other than burning a lot more fuel than my 717. Thanks guys