1996 WBII cooling line valve for towing?

bbenkaz

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Greetings,
I picked up a 96' waveblaster II to play around on. I have a pontoon boat and I want to be able to tow the WB being the pontoon some. I have read that towing could force water Into the engine and cause lots of issues. I downloaded a service manual and it appears the cooling water supply line goes from the jet pump to the engine on the starboard side of the engine compartment. Can I just install an in-line valve to block the line while towing? I would not expect the hose barbs and valve to cause any significant restriction when the valve is open but thought it was worth considering. Has anyone done this before? Is In tissues even necessary? Any advice?

Thanks!
Ben

Last edited:

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander
That is what most people do, as for blocking the cooling line, place the lanyard inside the engine compartment by the valve when you shut off the hose so you remember to turn it back on before using it or you overheat it and cause damage.

jbetzelb

Petty Officer 1st Class
Listen to what Jeff said on the lanyard. I know a person that overheated an older Polaris by forgetting to open the valve. Pretty much ended the life of the ski.

bbenkaz

Petty Officer 3rd Class
No Title

Well I thought I had this figured out sitting in my hotel room looking at the cooling system layout. Now that I am looking at this in my garage I am not so sure. Which hose am I supposed to block off? It looks like the small tube in this picture is the right one according to the diagram but it seems way too small?

Attachments

• photo222204.jpg
    photo222204.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 0