2004 Seadoo Speedster with 750cc sport bike engine....

kryan2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I just picked this up and know nothing about it except its a 750 sport bike motor. There is a clutch pedal under dash along with a shifter. Take a look at pictures and please comment on anything you see or can tell me about what is in there. It's raining here so I can't "dig in " yet. Will keep the post active with all my findings and hopefully 1st splash! Thanks in advance!
Kevin

Attachments

• photo217271.jpg
    photo217271.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo217272.jpg
    photo217272.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo217273.jpg
    photo217273.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo217274.jpg
    photo217274.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo217275.jpg
    photo217275.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 0

Brian 26

Chief Petty Officer
Whoa, so many questions..... I've never seen a boat with a clutch before. Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for it?

Did the seller tell you anything about it? You should be able to just leave it in one gear and never have to change.

Did the builder every have it out on the water or give up on the project?

Does it have a flame arrester? You should do some homework on marinized engines before running that with the hatch closed. Starters, alternators and backfires can cause an explosion inside a boat's engine bay.

kryan2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I saw it sitting around and inquired about it.....guy says....I'll take $200 for it. I was like OK...be back tomorrow with cash and a trailer. Took me a while to find a trailer but when I dropped off the cash. The guy who had it says....."now wait, I want you to look at this before you buy it. The guy who put this together did something to the motor. We lifted up the hatch and......well here we are. $200 for ski. $320 in new trailer $130 in parts for boat...and counting!!~~

The guy I bought if from knew nothing about the boat. He gave me the number of the folks who had it prior. When I spoke to them they just said it was fun but something kept burning up and they were over it. (Rectifier was burnt so I relocated it just like suggested on the GSXR forums) It's a completed project.

Flame arrestor....NO. It has the stock airbox from Suzuki. I took the hatch off completely so it's easy to "get in there" and work on it. I ordered a 14" electrical aux fan that I'm going to install under the hatch and was thinking of a hood scoop as well to exhaust heat and whatever else goes on under there!!

Last edited:

nlain

Commander
Is that fan you ordered a sealed fan, you do not want sparks in there, gas fumes and sparks go boom. You need to be sure that is a marine certified motor on that fan. I saw your post over on the SeaDoo forums.

kryan2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sealed yes....marine certified, probably not. I have been riding with the entire hatch off the boat and it works perfect...other than I need a different pitch impeller. Thats an entire thread by itself...lol

H20Rat

Vice Admiral
Sealed yes....marine certified, probably not. I have been riding with the entire hatch off the boat and it works perfect...other than I need a different pitch impeller. Thats an entire thread by itself...lol

You would probably be better off changing the gearing in that chain setup. (and also cheaper!) Seadoo pumps don't like drastic changes in impellers, and you are really running the pump outside of its design specs.

I'd also put some sheet metal below the chains for protection. If one of those ever breaks, its going through the fiberglass hull! In any case, that is an interesting frankenboat! Not sure why he kept the clutch and shifter, throw it in top gear and never touch it again. (multiple gears can be useful on a prop boat, but not on a jet)

Last edited:

kryan2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I run it in 6th at all times.....It's for sale. I'm looking for an over the transom header type jetboat. it runs low 50's now but it really does need the "right" pitch prop. I'll let the new owner worry about all that.