1997 Sea Rayder engine maintenance

Arrowhead Kiwi

Recruit
I have just purchased a 97 Sea Rayer with 120hp engine. Is there anywhere i can go to get info on this engine? For example i am trying to find the fuel filter and cannot locate on this boat. I want to be able to maintain myself and need info about he subject. Maybe someone knows of a reliable source for parts also.
Thanks
Arrowhead Kiwi

Bondo

Staff member
I have just purchased a 97 Sea Rayer with 120hp engine. Is there anywhere i can go to get info on this engine? For example i am trying to find the fuel filter and cannot locate on this boat. I want to be able to maintain myself and need info about he subject. Maybe someone knows of a reliable source for parts also.
Thanks
Arrowhead Kiwi

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... I'll move yer thread to the Jet-ski forum,....

Good chance they'll know what yer lookin' for,.....

bilge rat jim

Petty Officer 1st Class
I do believe that your boat is powered by a Mercury 120 jet. you should be able to order your parts right here at iboats. The engine serial number would be helpful- see if you can locate it.

sjbs

Seaman
Arrowhead Kiwi, Welcome. Your engine is a Mercury/Force Sportjet 120XR. There should be an inline filter on the fuel line right before the fuel pump on the right side of the engine.If not cut one in.Go to Ebay and go to Mercury Sportjet.You can buy an engine manual for $20-$25.It will give you info on the motor and the jet pump.Steve.

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander
That has a force 4 cylinder outboard power head Ironically I am currently doing a steering system for a customer with one of those and he just sent me this link for online manuals he is in I.T. so I assume it is a good link for what you need http://boatinfo.no/lib/library.html