1994 Wave Raider won't turn over

I have a 1994 Wave Raider that was working great and now it won't even turn over. Battery is good and fuse is good. There is no power at fuse. What is between the battery and the fuse? All I can think of is the black box the fuse is housed in. I tried to loosen the 2 bolts in the battery box that appeared to be holding it but they were very tight and didn't want to force them, if I was on the wrong track. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!!

Last edited:

dannyual767

Petty Officer 1st Class
I know this unanswered thread is over 2 months old but I just recently removed my electrical box for the first time in over 20yrs of ownership. First, there are three bolts going through the battery box not two. Second, if you're a saltwater boater like myself then you can expect them to be very difficult to remove. When I reinstalled the bolts, I put some oil on the threads. Went in easier and hopefully they'll come out easier if I need to remove them.

You might have a bad start switch. Do you know for sure that your lanyard post is good? If you can get that electrical box open, you can jump the starter solenoid with a screwdriver and see if she cranks over. If you want, you could just remove the plugs and the cover over the driveshaft and try to turn the engine over by hand.

My non-cranking issue ended up being a "swollen wear ring." The pump housing is aluminum and the Yami wear ring is stainless steel. Mix saltwater with the dissimilar metals and you can get some swollen spots where the impeller contacts the ss wear ring. Mine hits in 3 places.