2001 Yamaha 1200 XLT Oil Question along with others

bloyet03

Cadet
I recently (yesterday) bought a new to me PWC. The previous owner was using Quick Silver PWC 2 stroke oil. Reading this oil and talking to the local dealer, I don't think this is the correct oil as it is not TC-W3 rated oil. I believe Quick Silver does make a TC-W3 oil and thought about going to this but I see the manual says to use Yamalube 2-W oil. I believe this is the same as the TC-W3 rated oil (within reason). As a result I'm questioning the choice of oil. I hate to change it unless there is a valid reason. What does everyone recommend? Is there a reason I should change it?

bloyet03

Cadet
Additional piece of information, the cat is out of the question here. It has been "taken care of".

bloyet03

Cadet
well after doing some research, I've decided I'm going to go with Schaeffers Oil, Supreme 7000, 2 stroke. Meets the TC-W3 requirements and is Synthetic. I run this brand oil in my diesel and have had amazing results. What does everyone think?

dazk14

Ensign
I'm presuming you're running the stock oil injection system. If so,...

Your 1200 power valve engine will have the best protection using Klotz ski craft or amsoil Interceptor. Skip the shaeffer.

Both will help clear the Yamasludge from your PVs.

We sell both, nod to the Klotts since it smells better.

We build them and tear them down, save yourself the oil torture and just get the best.

bloyet03

Cadet
I'm presuming you're running the stock oil injection system. If so,...

Your 1200 power valve engine will have the best protection using Klotz ski craft or amsoil Interceptor. Skip the shaeffer.

Both will help clear the Yamasludge from your PVs.

We sell both, nod to the Klotts since it smells better.

We build them and tear them down, save yourself the oil torture and just get the best.

No, I'm not running the stock oil injection. I'm running premix. What do you have against Schaeffers if you don't mind? In the diesel world, I've seen excellent results with it and have seen it outperform many competitors and run with others. I know I'm comparing apples and oranges but, that's all I have right now to go on.