96 Polaris SLT780 ignition and MFD problems

rollincoal90

Recruit
Hey y'all new to the site thought id give it try and get some help from y'all.
I have a 96 polaris SLT780 and it is giving me a little bit of a headache. About a week ago everything was running good and working perfectly. Well i went to get on it yesterday and the thing would not start. I thought it might of been the plugs (usually replace once a summer) so i went and got more hoping it would be a easy fix again, still will not fire. SOoo then i went to the carbs thinking they might just be a little gummed up or dirty. I took the carb cover off and blew some cleaner in and cleaned the filter this did not help either. After all this trouble i decided to take it out of the water because its easier to work on in the garage. I have check the fuel filter it seems to be fine and it does seem to be getting gas. I went ahead and opened up the electrical box thinking a fuse might have blown and neither fuse or the breaker was popped. So i put it all back together. well now the MFD is not working i read that the 1/4 fuse in the electric box goes to the display but when i took the box apart the second time it was not blown still. My question is does anyone know what could be causing this ski to not start and why is the display not working? I am in a bit of a confused state as to why this thing will not fire. It will crank all day long but no ignition, it getting gas i took a plug out to check if gas shot out when i cranked it and there was. Any advise is helpful at this point I'm lost.
Thanks for the help y'all.

BlueFishCrisis

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Need to check all of your ground points and make sure they are solid with near 0 ohm resistance to the battery negative terminal. Try clipping the end of the spark plug wires 1/4" to freshen up the copper strands inside. Ensure the plug boots are screwed back on securely.

Disconnect the MFD from the harness at the back. A blown MFD itself can cause starting issues, and the ski does not need the MFD to start.