sport jet 90 has spark and runs, but timing is way off

fixemup27

Recruit
I have a 1994 sport jet 90 that im having an issue with. I purchased this from the previous owner and got it running through trial and error. the problem before is that the magnets sepereated damaging the stator and flywheel. I replaced the flywheel 817409-1 with the same flywheel (used) in great condition. I then replaced the trigger with a new one as well 828302 A1 and I was getting no signal coming from the stator to the CDM. I purchased another trigger thinking it may be bad from the factory, but no dice. So, i sold the flywheel and trigger and purchased an 817494 A2 Flywheel with matching 817029 A3 trigger from a blown motor I had shipped in (both in good condition) and that got the motor running; so to speak. The problem is with those two parts, the trigger is a bit different. It has a Wht/Blk wire that is suppose to go to a switch box, but my model did not come with a switch box. As stated, the original trigger was an 828302 A1 with a spade connector that connected straight to ground. It will run with these parts if the CDMs are hooked up according to the wiring diagram; firing order 1-2-3, but it runs rough and idles high. I put the timing light on it and it tells me that #1 is firing at 3 o'clock instead of 0. Funny thing is, if I switch the 1st and 3rd cdm wires coming from the trigger, it will run smooth with a slightly high idle. The arm adjustment for the trigger if real far left, as well, to keep it running at a decent idle.Im thinking with this set up, the trigger is a different type orginally needing a switch box, or either the crankshaft is clocked differently for this particular flywheel as apposed to my original. If I run the 817494 A2 Flywheel and 817029 A3 Trigger, with CDMs #1 & #3 backwards with timing fully retarded, it will run smooth and consistant, though when you give it throttle its a bit slow on response. Im looknig for some experience with these things here. I've been working on engines all my life and there are so many different parts and "adapter" kits for these things, I dont know where to start. Any thoughts?