$1000 Yahama Cash or 3yr Warranty

eric5659

Recruit
Hello Everyone,

I am looking at getting a new Yahama PWC and they have two promotions right now, either $1000 in Yahama Cash which is taken off the purchase price, or 3 years of Yamaha Warranty Coverage. What do you all think is the better deal?

Thanks,
Pending Jetski owner

Gyrene

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'd take the money. Unless you plan on using the motor daily (racking up many hours).

Brian 26

Chief Petty Officer
I'd take the money.

If you take the money there is a 100% chance you'll have the cash. If you take the warranty there is an unknown chance you'll save some amount of money on a repair. I'd venture to guess a very high percentage of yamaha warranties go unused.

sixfigures

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yamaha has the most reliable 4 stroke engines out there, I have over 500 hours on a supercharged 1800 engine, I had one issue with a heat sensor failure that was covered by the warranty , it would have cost me 300 to have it fixed if the warranty didn't cover it. This was after it was three years old so the warranty they are offering you would not have covered it. If you take care of these engines they will last 4 or 5 000 hours the mr1 engines will last 2 or 3000 hours. Not like the old days with 2 stroke engines by any means. You can count on doing the pumps , intermediate bearings and pump liners at around 500 hours, however that is just normal maintenance.