#1 coil keeps going out.

dsrace

Seaman Apprentice
does anyone know what or why i keep losing my #1 coil? i have a 1994 oil injected sport jet 90 hp. i installed a new set of coils because i found one with a cracked magnet last year. last weekend all three worked but today #1 is out so i swapped it with one of the old ones that was still good from last year and it works. the one with the cracked magnet from last year was the #1 as well. all the electronics check out according to the book. i have a red stator and electronics to with it as well. bullet type connectors and they all are free of corrosion and connected with dy electric grease. coils wires seem to be good. compression is good. i have 145 on #3 150 on #2 and 140 on #1. just installed a new head gasket cause it was leaking and only had to mill .005 of the head to plane it. i still have the oil injection pump hooked up as well. found some ground plastic in the pump screen so i think i will disconnect it and pre mix from now on. timing is set at 32* wot engine cranking not running.