Help with my 2007 yamaha fx cruiser (Novice) no pisser

adrian8a

Recruit
My yamaha was fine
When connected the garden hose to the port of cooling water to drain out, leaving a small stream of water from the upper right, connected to the garden hose.

When used in the lake if it works, (small jet) but not consistently it works.

When you get home and want to drain the engine with water connected to a garden hose,
Does not exist a small stream of water (only hot air comes out) the board does not indicate overheating when used

I am very concerned'm a novice at this and the manual does not say anything about it I would like to help me with some answers really appreciate it.

Thalasso

Commander
In the lake you need to make sure the jet intake isn't clogged. If your talking about the water stream from the left front corner below the rub rail At idle the stream might be intermittent . It will take about a minute for the stream to appear under normal use. Mine is a 2013.

jetboater

Petty Officer 2nd Class
In the lake you need to make sure the jet intake isn't clogged. If your talking about the water stream from the left front corner below the rub rail At idle the stream might be intermittent . It will take about a minute for the stream to appear under normal use. Mine is a 2013.
Agree-- the stream on the front right may or may not have water coming out on a hose. Make sure you are starting the engine then immediately turn the water on. When you're finished, turn the water off then turn the engine off. This seems strange but it's the factory recommendation---- one of the exhaust valves is always in the open position and if you turn the water on first, you risk filling that piston with water then cracking the piston or block when you try to start it as the water won't compress in the cylinder---very costly mistake......

sixfigures

Petty Officer 2nd Class
it means nothing on the hose as long as it is working in the water and the overheat warning isn't coming on. You probably have some weeds or sand in the line, use 2 lbs of air and blow it out from the fitting on the side of the hull. do not use a lot of air pressure just a couple of pounds is all it needs.