Sportjet 120 died while running

Norm152

Recruit
Recently I traded my motorcycle for a euroline cyclone jet boat which has the sport jet 120 in it. Originally when I got the boat it ran great, however the second time I took the boat out I had to manually choke the carbs with my hand to get her started and would not runif it had the air box on, anyway, after that I had no issues, pulled tubers for a few hours no problems. I then took the boat out again an hour later and half way around the lake it died while I was mid throttle and would not restart. Anyway after diagnosing the issue each cylinder is getting spark and I have compression, which leads me to believe it's the fuel system. What do you guys think? Fuel pump? Carbs? Filter? Any input would be great while I'm waiting on my manual for the boat.

Brad_Ct

Seaman Apprentice
Check the vent lines on the carbs. they are the lines that go from the carbs. to the top of the air box (flame arrestor).

dsrace

Seaman Apprentice
check the fuel tank vent line too, if it gets clogged it will starve the pump and carbs for fuel but the oil pump keeps pumping oil into the fuel pump and up to the carbs.

dsrace

Seaman Apprentice
rebuild kit for the fuel pump are like $19 buck all over so rebuild it too. real easy to do.