2009 Yamaha Waverunner FZR speed problem

yhujair

Recruit
Hello,

im new the world of jet skis and i just got myself a 2009 fzr doing 140 hours

i noticed that when i first ride it, top speed is around 66 mph...but after 45 minutes of riding, the top speed reduces to 50 mph

this happens every time i take it for a ride, i need to turn it off and wait for it to cool down so that speed gets back to normal.

any idea why this is happening ?

thanks guys !

sixfigures

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 2009 Yamaha Waverunner FZR speed problem

Could be several things first look for exhaust fumes in the hull when it slows , another thing could be a vaccum in the fuel tank, or trash in the tank blocking the fuel pickup. That would be some of the more common problems. The exhaust fumes would be the most common issue I think. When I had issues with the performance of my 1800 supercharged ski it was caused by a leak in an exhaust hose clamp.

Last edited:

yhujair

Recruit
Re: 2009 Yamaha Waverunner FZR speed problem

Could be several things first look for exhaust fumes in the hull when it slows , another thing could be a vaccum in the fuel tank, or trash in the tank blocking the fuel pickup. That would be some of the more common problems. The exhaust fumes would be the most common issue I think. When I had issues with the performance of my 1800 supercharged ski it was caused by a leak in an exhaust hose clamp.

thats what the agency told me, a leak in the exhaust hose clamp and they tightened the clamps,,,before this, the top speed used to reduce to 40 mph, but after ther agency tightened the clamps, it reduces to 50....can it be that there is still a leak but smaller ? but what i was thinking is that if its a leak, the top speed should always be low, in my case it starts normal than gradually drops after a while of usage....thanks for your response !