Anyone out there with Seadoo Spark experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterDR

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Anyone out there with Seadoo Spark experience?

Very well put!!!!

Then again, you could ride my 1200 SUV and climb on it from the side and never tip it over regardless of who is on it.

WaterDR

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Now, I have seen it all!

Brian 26

Chief Petty Officer

Water DR - I just heard that St. Boni Motorsports here is doing demo rides this spring of the spark. It's probably not the closest dealer to you but might be worth checking out.

On that topic of the idiot dad taking his family out on a jet ski, I saw the same thing on my local lake. Dad with a new high powered ski and two kids. We're cruising around at idle in our boat and as he raced past us I heard him yell to the kids "THAT WAS 60!" (mind you the speed limit is 40). A couple minutes later I hear yelling behind me and look to see all three passengers had been throw off and the empty ski coasting towards us, I think he was trying to jump my wake or another. I had to change course to keep the ski from hitting my swim deck. I circled back around and both kids were crying in the water while he was trying to swim for the ski which had coasted a long ways. I asked if he needed help and he said no. We hung back and made sure everyone got back on the ski.

I hope the kids were alright and that guy learned his lesson.

Last edited:

sixfigures

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Never ever jump a wake with any passengers on the ski, what was that guy thinking, or was he, they say that you just can't fix STUPID. It really gets me going when kids are victimised by the foolishness of adults. I'm done. lol.

dlzachariah

Recruit
Re: Anyone out there with Seadoo Spark experience? I bought 2 brand new 3 ups and the first time on the lake I sucked in some debris. Machine would not go over 7 MPH. Took it to the dealership with 3 hours on it and bombadier said not a warranty item so I had to pay for it to be fixed. The next time I took my other unit out it sucked in some debris . Took it to dealership with 4 hours on it, bombardier said not a warranty item I paid to fix. If you look on www.brpspark.com and click on specs and scroll down to features it states closed loop cooling system to keep saltwater and debris out. You deside! Be interesting to compare a kawasaki stx 15 to a spark. Same price basically. But the kawasaki is a 160 Hp fiberglass machine that goes 55 to 60 mph. Wonder how the fun factor compares.

wan2live

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I bought my Spark on 5/24

I have the 3up 90HP version with the IBR and Convenience package, the good thing is you can switch over over to a 60HP with the push of a button, this option just changes the hole shot but the ski will still get to 50MPH, the option is great for younger riders or those learning because the 90HP mode will throw you off if you do not hang on.

The spark is a great ski for the price $$9,840 out the door with trailer, PFD and the safety stuff that I no longer had., I get 50 MPH with myself @ 204 manly pounds, it is very durable, light and great on gas. The Spark makes other riders stop and look, I have the pineapple color, boaters have waved me over and each time I thought they were mad at my wake but they just wanted to check "Bumble Bee" out, DNR even stopped me to check it out hahah.

If you are looking for a ski to get out into the water and have a good time I can tell you it is not a waste of your money. I have had 3 Boats and one older ski so I do have experience on the water. I am looking to get the computer flashed to the 100HP option using the http://www.vtechtuned.com/sea-doo-spark/ and if only I could find someone in GA that could do it for me, it would be cheaper.

I have hit some rough wake on the Ski and it does not complain, once you learn to counter weight you can skim the wakes, jump them and turn into them.

"Remember to not run the Ski when in shallow water with ricks :-(" I learned my stupid lesson on day 2 and 2.5 hrs on the ski which cost me $600 for the wear ring and impeller, this was a stupid mistake and one I knew not to do, just go over do's and do not's every pre check"

I hope this helps.

Straightbangin

Recruit
Hello. I am new to this message board but just found it when looking for a general boating message board. I'm new to the boating lifestyle and am on 4 PWC message boards but thought I'd expand a bit. I bought a seadoo spark 1 week ago. You can get a ton of info on the Spark from owners at http://www.seadoospark.org/forum/ BRP made all the Sea Doo Sparks that they are going to make for the year and most dealerships are sold out. I got the last one in Miami. In Nov the 2015's are coming out and are foretasted to start at about $1,000 more for the base price. I love my Spark but just a heads up, that $4,999 starting price that SeaDoo dangles in front of people is not what you are really going to be paying. $4,999 is for the 2 seater which ( i feel) feels very unstable on water and hard to manuver. The 3up feels great ( holds 100lbs more, includes the 90hp ( better engine) and also adds $1,300 on the base price end. When you add on dealer taxes, fees, surcharges ( and they are redic) add on another $1,000-$1,500. If you want the reverse and breaking system (IBR) add on $700 + $230 you will need to pay to get the flush kit installed. If you want a storage trunk on the front and a step to get on it easier on the back add $200 on. So ya i like it but its $$ and there are a bunch of issues with it that are being discussed on the spark boards and we are making each other all aware of what to look out for. But... with any first year of a model being on the market, its to be expected. I didn't read any of the other messages that were posted here so if I am repeating what was said, sorry about that.

JetSeaRunner

Recruit
Hi all, just joined and wanted to ask a question. I have ridden PWCs many times but have never had one of my own and am looking to possibly change that. As far as personal needs go, I just want something cheap and reliable that can hit at least 50mph or close to it. I would probably have a passenger sometimes, but not often. Towing would be nice to have but isn't essential. I would be riding mostly in freshwater and never in the open ocean, and it wouldn't be used all that heavily. I have basically zero interest in a two-stroke model.

My focus is currently on either a 2-up 90hp Spark or a used VX. The Spark would be new, light and probably more playful, but it would require financing and might be a little small. The VX should be reliable and a little bigger and faster, and cheaper, but possibly not as fun or reliable depending on its history. My ideal budget is no more than 4k out of pocket and minimal to no financing.

What do you all think about my thought process? Am I missing anything? Also, is there a particular time of year when better deals might be had?

Thanks for any advice you can provide!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hi all, just joined and wanted to ask a question. I have ridden PWCs many times but have never had one of my own and am looking to possibly change that. As far as personal needs go, I just want something cheap and reliable that can hit at least 50mph or close to it. I would probably have a passenger sometimes, but not often. Towing would be nice to have but isn't essential. I would be riding mostly in freshwater and never in the open ocean, and it wouldn't be used all that heavily. I have basically zero interest in a two-stroke model.

My focus is currently on either a 2-up 90hp Spark or a used VX. The Spark would be new, light and probably more playful, but it would require financing and might be a little small. The VX should be reliable and a little bigger and faster, and cheaper, but possibly not as fun or reliable depending on its history. My ideal budget is no more than 4k out of pocket and minimal to no financing.

What do you all think about my thought process? Am I missing anything? Also, is there a particular time of year when better deals might be had?

Thanks for any advice you can provide!

This was Moved to a new thread for you - http://forums.iboats.com/forum/gene...-jetskis-waverunners-etc/10025196-spark-or-vx

Please click on the Forum Help in the sig below and read about posting in old, inactive threads.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.