Looking for low price on Jet Ski

hieuvnguyenaz

Recruit
Hello to Everybody
I am new to this forum, I just came back from the lake with my brother in law and I really love to drive his Jet Ki and I want to get one for me and one for my son. :lol: However we can not pay over $25,000 for both boats. so I am thinking about shop for used boat and I found the price range from $3500 to $4000 per each boat on PWCTrader.com: Jet ski, SeaDoo and WaveRunner For Sale - PWC Trader? and Classifieds > Boats > Jet Ski - Anyitem.org this is seem like the lowest price I can find right now.. the price is seem O.K with me but I don't know is it safe to buy boat at this price range.. I am worry about I have to spend some to repair it.

I you have any ideal want to share,,, please tell me,, I will come back tonight to check this post..

Thanks

Last edited:

Fun Times

Staff member
Re: Looking for low price on Jet Ski

Hi there Last hieuvnguyenaz, Welcome to iboats. Quick question for you to try and help you better, What area do you live in?

hieuvnguyenaz

Recruit

I forgot to mention my location in my post, thanks for asking, I am in Phoenix of Arizona, but I can shop in any location within 150 miles from my hometown.

The Rooster

Ensign

Hello to Everybody
I am new to this forum, I just came back from the lake with my brother in law and I really love to drive his Jet Ki and I want to get one for me and one for my son. :lol: However we can not pay over $25,000 for both boats. so I am thinking about shop for used boat and I found the price range from $3500 to $4000 per each boat on PWCTrader.com: Jet ski, SeaDoo and WaveRunner For Sale - PWC Trader? and Classifieds > Boats > Jet Ski - Anyitem.org this is seem like the lowest price I can find right now.. the price is seem O.K with me but I don't know is it safe to buy boat at this price range.. I am worry about I have to spend some to repair it.

I you have any ideal want to share,,, please tell me,, I will come back tonight to check this post..

Thanks

Don't forget to check out the new SeaDoo Spark. $4999.00 new for the base model. A lot of bang for the buck. It's also a 4-stroke engine. Efficient & reliable. Good luck !!!

Last edited:

JimS123

Fleet Admiral

The typical boat owner doesn't know what he's doing and maintains his craft poorly. Jet ski owners are usually worse - they run them hard and put them away wet. Sure, you can find a bargain, but many used 'skis turn out to be a money pit. They cost big $ to get them running, then constantly break down.

With a $25K budget, buy new. Or, at the very least buy warranted used boats from a dealer.

jbetzelb

Petty Officer 1st Class

For 25K you have a ton of choices. I just saw a price of $6,800 for brand new Kaw STX 15 F's at the boat show. Yea this is in Omaha but for 15K you could get two of those and a decent trailer. Likely off season deals like that in your area also.

Bamaman1

Lieutenant Commander

I've been into PWC's since 1984, and had a Kawasaki (stand up), two Sea Doos and now a Yamaha VX Cruiser.

Whatever you do, go 4 stroke. They're trouble free and outlast a 2 stroke by a large margin. Good low hour 4 strokes are available in most retail markets. It's not unusual to find 20-30 hour machines out there. And do not think about buying a 2 man machine, as 3 person PWC's are the big sellers for a reason.

To say that Yamaha blew away the retail market with their 4 stroke VX line would be an understatement. The largest selling PWC is still a 110 hp VX Yammie. The #2 seller is a different VX model. Prices start @ $8K on new VX machines. They get great mileage, are the most durable PWC on the market (less trouble) and they run 54 mph--fast enough for me.

The new SeaDoo Smart mentioned above is Bombardier's answer to Yamaha's VX, and the HO model appears to perform well for the money. They'd be great, but only in the 3 man version. SeaDoo has done a great job at holding down the weight. If your lakes are very large and windy with heavy waves, a heavier PWC would ride better and be preferred. But the price certainly appear right.

Remember that PWC's are 10' boats with motors as large as 250 hp. They're simply rockets, and many put youngsters on these machines that don't have the maturity and judgement of grownups. The biggest PWC's are governed @ 68 mph, but many are delivered with modifications that can get them must faster. They're like motocross bikes in that it's not if, but when you're going to get hurt. Young people just don't need that much responsibility placed into their hands.