winterizing-- receipts show adding 2 stroke oil to fuel filter then running?????

irocss85

Recruit
new to jet boats. got a 2004 sugar sand tango ss with the 240hp efi engine. love the boat. anyways. got a stack of receipts with the boat of the works thats been done and all the winterizing receipts state the fuel filter removed and added 2 stroke oil and ran for few min.s.

what is this for/about? I am an auto tech, but not a boat tech. new to jet boats and not really familiar with 2 stroke stuff. know the basics.

so, I got the fuel filter off, emptied it. got my 2 stroke oil. (same stuff previous owner used for the oil fill) how much do I put in? I know I'll have to key it up a few times to build up pressure in fuel system before starting it.

is this an alt. to fogging the motor? if so whats better? can easily remove the spark plugs to fog the cyl.s and /or spray it into the tbody.

read the sticky about not running the eng. w/o the flush adapter hooked up to water.

my owners manual says to NEVER rev the moter or take it off idle with the flush hose hooked up while out of the water. I want to run the stabalized fuel in the tank into the engine, and blow out the water from the eng/exh. but I cant start it/rev it out of water?

Im not very handy with searching. Ive done tons of it. find the same generic info thats not specific enough for my newbie mind.

also, got my rv coolant ready to go into the flush hose to flush out the water. just funnel it into the hose with the eng. idling?

any and all advice appreciated.

irocss85

Recruit
Re: winterizing-- receipts show adding 2 stroke oil to fuel filter then running?????

well did some more searching and found a good article on a diff. forum. seems this engine is a self draining engine. that explains why I didnt find any water in the hoses at the bottom of the block for the cooling system. and no drain plugs either. and found more people saying never to run/start/idle engine w/o the flush hose already hooked up with the water on. :)

soooo, any reason to take the hoses off the mufflers and remove water from those?

where do I get a pump to replace my gear lube? can anyone show me a pic of where the "gear lube" drain and fill plugs are? does the pump push the new lube in from the drain hole at the bottom? and the top plug is only removed so the air can push out?

and, where is the inline fuel filter? should I replace both fuel and water seperator filters every year too?

Last edited: