Fuel inlet restriction on 98 GTX Limited Seadoo

cwhiting

Recruit
I am cleaning the fuel system because of contamination. I was working on the carburetors and found something I thought was strange. When I blow through the fuel inlet cover on the front carb, ( the one with the fuel pump) it does not flow through free, it acts like there is a restriction in it. The back carb, you can blow through normal. I checked in the cover and there is just a small hole for the fuel to flow through. Is this normal or should they both flow free. There is nothing in the passage, just a small hole where they drilled the passage. Thanks for the help

timmyboy76

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Fuel inlet restriction on 98 GTX Limited Seadoo

need to remove the carbs bud. The "restriction" is probably the "outlet" fitting feedingthe back/pto carb. Theres an orifice there that can/will clog up. Remove the carbs, clean them out and replace the crappy grey fuel lines. You'll probably find restriction in the fuel selector switch too...(on/off/reserve switch)

cwhiting

Recruit

I was in the process of cleaning up the carbs and replacing the lines. I took of the outlet fitting off and found that the passage in the cover is the restriction. It almost lookes like they did not drill the passage all the way through. I guess I am wondering if that is the way they designed it or if it is a machine error?

timmyboy76

Petty Officer 3rd Class

nah bud, its how its made. Gotta clear it out...