'00 Yamaha Wave Runner engine problem

parski007

Recruit
Recently rebuilt and bored out with over size piston on 2 stroke Wave Runner. Totally rebuilt 2 years ago and 4 days past warranty. The same problem occurred with the back cylinder that is clean in appearance with no signs of water intrusion or overheating. On both occasions, there are metal "BB's" in the spark plug.

What can be causing this problem? And what can I do to fix this problem?

erie_guy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: '00 Yamaha Wave Runner engine problem

Could be one of a number of problems. I would start with lubrication of the rear cylinder as a possible cause and check for oiler system failure. (I am assuming you are not running premix) If Ok, I would then look at the possibility of water intrusion via the exhaust systemand check gasketing around the maifold. It also could be a lean condition with the rear carb that results in overheating of the piston. In this case, a carb rebuild may be a solution.

It sounds like you are in need of another rebuild. The piston must be in bad shape in that cylinder. I would certainly find the reason for the rear cylinder failure before restoring it.

Hope these thoughts are helpful to you.

erie_guy
Port Clinton, OH

erie_guy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Could be one of a number of problems. I would start with lubrication of the rear cylinder as a possible cause and check for oiler system failure. (I am assuming you are not running premix) If Ok, I would then look at the possibility of water intrusion via the exhaust systemand check gasketing around the maifold. It also could be a lean condition with the rear carb that results in overheating of the piston. In this case, a carb rebuild may be a solution.

It sounds like you are in need of another rebuild. The piston must be in bad shape in that cylinder. I would certainly find the reason for the rear cylinder failure before restoring it.

Hope these thoughts are helpful to you.

erie_guy
Port Clinton, OH

parski007

Recruit

Thanks erie guy, I will forward this on to the mechanic.

Dead in the water.:mad: