99 Yamaha XL760 No gas to carbs or ??????? Won't start

jprice59

Recruit
99 Yamaha xl760 no gas to carbs Or ?????. Last Sat. ran for about 2 hours with two riders no problems. Sun. ran about 6 hours on & off with two riders & one in tow on a tube with no problems. Later in the day, Every now and then it would shut off slow like it was running out of gas. It would take about 5 min. before it would start but it would start right up and run fine for a while and do it again. It had plenty of gas and oil. When we finished for the day it was still running when it was docked at our picnic area. When we got ready to take it to the ramp and load up it wouldn't start. Turns over fine but want fire off. I'm a average mech.,worked on dirt bikes, street bikes,4wheelers, 4x4 trucks, etc... But this is my first waverunner and I don't have a clue as to what to do. Please help point me in the right direction. Thank You.

erie_guy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 99 Yamaha XL760 No gas to carbs or ??????? Won't start

Check your oil lines on the engine. These hose get hard and vibrations cause them to pull lose from the hose barbs. I would replace all oil hoses at this time and hope the engine is still OK. My 1999 SUV did not survive a hose failure and the engine was destroyed. Check your bilge for oil the should be going into the carbs.

erie_guy