1989 Yamaha waverunner NO SPARK HELP!

ncp546

Cadet
Okay, so i have posted 3 threads on this already and i get no responses. However i have helped myself out, i started to play around with it, i got to the waterproof box. Basically where the CDI box is the ignition coil. Everything looks great. Very new. i included pictures on inside the waterbox see for yourself looks factory new! Wires inside look new and everything. What else could it be? im getting a fuse soon to see if that will be it. Other then that the stator? Thanks hope get replies.

-------JUST A FULL WARRNING THIS IS NOT SPAM! THIS THREAD IS ON PWCTODAY.COM---------

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPG

smclear

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1989 Yamaha waverunner NO SPARK HELP!

Just because they look new, doesn't mean they haven't malfunctioned. You'll need to find a service manual, and check each individual component. The service manual will tell you what to measure across each device. Electrical issues are the worst, good luck.

shagy959

Seaman Apprentice

i bet you could just buy a good use one off ebay for 50 one that is known to work its so old it would be better off to dump it and least move up to something in the mid 90s

Go get a full 650 or 701 motor with electronics. More power and they bolt right up.