94 searay searayder Froze?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snortbag

Recruit
i just traded a waverunner for a 94 searay jet boat with the 90 hp that was supposed to have "no spark" well i got it home pulled the plugs and 2 were covered in a light brown oil i cleaned the plugs hooked the up and we have spark , cranked the engine over a few times to clear the cylinders put the plugs back in cranked it over but it wouldn't start, pulled the plugs out and just the bottom cyl. had the oil on it so i put the top 2 plugs in and it fired but wont fire with all 3 in. i backed the boat in to the water fired it up on 2 and there is water comming out of cyl.#3 .I'm guessing the boat was sunk and parked for the winter. Anybody have any idea on how much damage has been done and where can i get a manual to take the motor out Thanks Trevor..

hkydan

Cadet
Re: 94 searay searayder Froze?

Trevor - Here is a link to a manual.
http://motorka.org/doc/mercury/service_manual/jet/SJ90_120_95xr_125xr_831996r1/cover.pdf

I am having the same problem you are having, apparently its common with SportJets. From researching myself water in the bottom cylinder can be a few things. You might want to check these before yanking the motor out but then again all that was futile in my case.

1. Exhaust Manifold gasket.
2. Exhaust Manifold (Cracked)
3. Head Gasket.
4. Cracked Block.

In my case I have changed Exhaust Manifold gasket and head gasket and still having the issue. So its looking like I have an issue with the block.

Hope this helps.

Dan

Snortbag

Recruit
Re: 94 searay searayder Froze?

That's awesome thank you. Looks like I have a fall project

Status
Not open for further replies.