Any Jet Boat owners used the Cobrat Jet Steering System?

emoney

Commander
I've got a relatively long channel that we reside on that carries me out to the Gulf. So, as you may well know, my little single jet Mercury isn't a fan of "going slow". It's not a deal breaker, by any stretch of the imagination, but I happened upon this product and from reviews, folks say that it actually does it's job. I won't post the link out of respect to iBoats, but it's easy enough to find on Google. Simple idea, really, it just basically extends the jet stream out further from the boat so it should result in better steering, much like a larger rudder on a sailboat can help. It's a self install, and although simple, because I've got an older boat, they don't stock them and then it becomes a "one-off". You probably already know that means a little more $$ (what doesn't, right?). But still, not too high - $200ish.

So, anybody out there use/used/or know someone that uses it? If it truly does help that much I'm going to have him make me one. Luckily, the manufacturer is basically in our back yard being in the same county so at least I save on shipping:p

silly34

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Any Jet Boat owners used the Cobrat Jet Steering System?

I've asked this same question... haven't tried it though. I don't remember getting any responses..

B.