Strainer in Bilge on 2006 Waverunner.. Help

dmoss8928

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey guyy... After hours on the lake I notice I had a good bit of water in my hull and had string type stuff floating around in the hull as well. After troubleshooting a little I felt under the strainer and I felt a lot of the string on the strainer. I found the strainer on a diagram online and its held in by a rivet #9 in drawing (http://www.powersportsplus.com/part...+VX110+Deluxe+-+VX1100AE/HULL+DECK/parts.html) I want to take off the stariner and clean it real good. How do I do this without messing up the rivet? Can I just ty rap it back? Thanks guys

David

Georgesalmon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Strainer in Bilge on 2006 Waverunner.. Help

Looks to me like #11 is the rivet. Its a pop/blind rivet. You need a cheap pop rivet gun to replace it. Probably have to be drilled out too.

dmoss8928

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Why in the world would they put a rivet on it? Would it be okay if I just rigged it back as long as it on the bottom on the hull?

Ernest T

Petty Officer 1st Class

The rivet is holding the bottom of the part of the strainer in place. You do not need to remove the rivet. The top part of the strainer with the hose attached to it just pops off by releasing the little plastic tabs around the outside by pushing them in. Here is the page from the manual:

Yamaha VX Bilge Strainer_0000.jpg

dmoss8928

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yea you answered my question in the other thread I didn;t know if I needed to open another one sorry... But Its not that easy to remove the cover I was able to get two off and it had all that string stuff inside of it. I'm pretty sure that was my problem ill look for leaks next time we go out. Thanks Ernest...