• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel Primer

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Primer

i have been looking around at what they are calling fuel primers for a 95 yamaha waveraider 700 and a 95 kawasaki 750 zxi and my question is couldnt i just take a primer bulb of some sort and put it in line with the fuel filter and use that to pump the fuel up before i start out on the water. I mean i know it would be a pain haveing to take the seat out but i would save the time and effort of taking the carbs and every thing off to put a primer system on. Let me know what you think if that would work.

Re: Fuel Primer

Yes you can and I have done it on a few of my older skis, work well.

Comment

Is there any certain type of primer you used. I noticed the ones at Walmart are about 50 bucks and I figured I could find something better and cheaper some where else

Comment

I just added the squeeze bulb for outboards. I put it after the fuel shut-off and just squeeze until firm, it helped dramatically with the starting of my ski's after sitting on the lift from Sunday til Friday afternoon.

Comment

Working...
        X