• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel Primer

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Primer

i have been looking around at what they are calling fuel primers for a 95 yamaha waveraider 700 and a 95 kawasaki 750 zxi and my question is couldnt i just take a primer bulb of some sort and put it in line with the fuel filter and use that to pump the fuel up before i start out on the water. I mean i know it would be a pain haveing to take the seat out but i would save the time and effort of taking the carbs and every thing off to put a primer system on. Let me know what you think if that would work.

Re: Fuel Primer

Yes you can and I have done it on a few of my older skis, work well.

Comment

Is there any certain type of primer you used. I noticed the ones at Walmart are about 50 bucks and I figured I could find something better and cheaper some where else

Comment

I just added the squeeze bulb for outboards. I put it after the fuel shut-off and just squeeze until firm, it helped dramatically with the starting of my ski's after sitting on the lift from Sunday til Friday afternoon.

Comment

Working...
        X