1989 Yamaha WaveRunner

kylejb2663

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey Guys,

So I just picked up a 1989 Yamaha Waverunner with a nice looking trailer for $250 bucks! It starts and runs, but the guy said it does not plane off so he thinks it may need an impeller.

Looking for ideas on what I should do to make sure it's in tip top shape for the water? I have never had a Jet Ski before! Also, what kind of Impeller should I get and how hard is it to install into these?

Thanks!

Kyle

aerorider1100

Recruit
Re: 1989 Yamaha WaveRunner

I had the same issue. Found that I had to readjust carb to get her to plane out.
Low speed jet start at 1 1/4 turn high speed 3/4. You have to be in the water and may make some test riders and adjust some. Mine rund great now.
Hey Guys,

So I just picked up a 1989 Yamaha Waverunner with a nice looking trailer for $250 bucks! It starts and runs, but the guy said it does not plane off so he thinks it may need an impeller.

Looking for ideas on what I should do to make sure it's in tip top shape for the water? I have never had a Jet Ski before! Also, what kind of Impeller should I get and how hard is it to install into these?

Thanks!

Kyle