1993 Yamaha Waverunner III Starts, idles, but does not speed up

suttonc311

Cadet
1993 Waverunner III starts and idles like a champ. When you throttle up in/out of water it makes a duh,duh,duh sound and does not speed up past a fast idle. Also smokes very bad at speed up. Spark tester shows good spark, emptied fuel tank and cleaned, blew out all fuel lines, new fuel filter, soaked and cleaned carb and used a rebuild kit. Put new plugs and new gas and same thing happened. Any clues? Thanks in advance.:confused:

Ernest T

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1993 Yamaha Waverunner III Starts, idles, but does not speed up

Check the compression. Are you sure you have the carbs adjusted correctly. Sounds like it may be super rich if the compression is good.

suttonc311

Cadet

Check the compression. Are you sure you have the carbs adjusted correctly. Sounds like it may be super rich if the compression is good.

Yes, compression is good. Tried messing with high speed screw and still smoke and bogging.

ramster

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Have you checked the reeds?

Spike the Pike

Recruit

1993 Waverunner III starts and idles like a champ. When you throttle up in/out of water it makes a duh,duh,duh sound and does not speed up past a fast idle. Also smokes very bad at speed up. Spark tester shows good spark, emptied fuel tank and cleaned, blew out all fuel lines, new fuel filter, soaked and cleaned carb and used a rebuild kit. Put new plugs and new gas and same thing happened. Any clues? Thanks in advance.:confused:

Did you ever find out what was wrong with your waverunner?? I have the EXACT same boat with the EXACT same problem. BTW,,,,its NOT the compression or reeds. ....it would run rough through the rev range if they were the issues. I think its either the coilpack or the computer. Let me know how you did Thanks .

usakeratin

Recruit

Hello I have the same problem with a Yamaha GP800R , i just replaced the shaft and everything.. now jetski will throttle fine and water will come out and everything , i will not pass 4mph ?.. when i hit gas to speed up engine will die or turn off, but it will turn on back again?. what it could be .. ?

Did you ever find out what was wrong with your waverunner?? I have the EXACT same boat with the EXACT same problem. BTW,,,,its NOT the compression or reeds. ....it would run rough through the rev range if they were the issues. I think its either the coilpack or the computer. Let me know how you did Thanks .