Yamaha Waverunner and WaveRaider - Low end hesitation

boatFam

Cadet
I acquired, through a trade, a 1998 Waverunner GP1200 and a 1996 1100 WaveRaider. I took them out at the end of the season last year and they both had low end hesitation. Once up on the water and higher RPM, no problems at all. I winterized them and used marine Stabil running through them and in the fuel tank. I will soon take them out of storage to ready for summer.

I know this problem has been covered prior, but haven't seen an actual starting point. I would appreciate the forum's input as to what to look at first. I don't mind rebuilding the carbs, but that is 6 to take apart and reassemble. Just want to have a logical progression of where to start and what to consider here.

BTW, compression is good and equal in all cylinders.

Thanks in advance,

B. Holt

Ernest T

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Yamaha Waverunner and WaveRaider - Low end hesitation

My first advice would be to check the compression.........you already did that and it is good. I can think of 2 other things that would cause low end hesitation:
1. Dirty carbs. Might as well go ahead and do them all and get it over with. It gets faster with repetition. :D
2. Cavitation. Check the impeller and impeller housing. Look for dents, nicks and wear on the edges of the impeller blades. Check the clearance between the blades and the housing (should be less than 0.5 mm). If there is damage or excessive wear, it may be time for a new impeller and/or housing.