96 yamaha cooling issues?

96yamaha1100cc

Recruit
I have a 96 1100cc with triple carbs jet ski. First jet ski I've had and im not that mechanically inclined so please bare with me.

I bought this ski from a guy couple weeks ago and im thinking maybe I got it in way to swallow of water and sucked something up into it because its not cooling. Its shooting a rooster tail but I know that means nothing could there possibly be something suck in the hose or could it be something else like maybe the pump is out. Any ideas I could start checking from?

frozenokie

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 96 yamaha cooling issues?

Good chance of it if you know you really got too shallow. You can start checking the water lines by pulling them off one at a time and blowing through them. If any one of them does not allow air to pass, it is blocked.

Try compressed air for a fast fix but it might require you to remove the entire hose with the blockage and replace it if you can't get it to come out. If you need to know which lines are the water lines, purchase a shop manual so you can look identify the water hoses.

96yamaha1100cc

Recruit

Hey thanks for the reply I actually started doing that the next day and found the problem. It was rocks in one of the lines I just worked the hose until I could blow them out. Thanks for the advice and happy I got it fixed without taking it to the shop.

frozenokie

Petty Officer 1st Class

Good deal. Glad to see someone having better luck than myself :D