• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sea Rayder intake grate

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Rayder intake grate

Had a little mishap yesterday on the lake and now the intake grate doesn't have the 3 bars anymore. My question is are these necessary for performance or are they just to keep stuff out of the jet?

Re: Sea Rayder intake grate

Performance wise, it would be faster without it provided nothing got sucked up into your pump and destroying it... I'd find a good grate.

Comment

I have had a similar mishap. Anyone kn ow how I can find a replacement grate for my F14?

Comment

1995 f14 Sea Rayder. Ruined the Intake Grate and Impeller Sleeve on the River. Any ideas where to find replacements. It is gong to cost to much to have them manufactured, I believe.
        Last edited by Don S; September 2nd, 2012, 11:54 AM. Reason: Removed phone number

Comment

What is the material?. Aluminium?. Canīt someone weld it and restore it for you.

Comment

I've got some old units upstairs in the parts pile. I'll look tomorrow and see if I have one

Comment

Originally posted by RonFreshour View Post
              1995 f14 Sea Rayder. Ruined the Intake Grate and Impeller Sleeve on the River. Any ideas where to find replacements. It is gong to cost to much to have them manufactured, I believe. Anyone parting out thier f14 Sea Rayder?
              Welcome Aboard,... Please read the forum rules....
              Any Grease is Better,..... Than No Grease at All.......

Comment

I had to replace my F14 intake grate last year and found a new one (part #12-8202531) at ********** ($147.04). It is the new style (when they moved the drain/vent holes) but does not affect anything when used on an older style F14 (like mine). The service manual says not to reuse the screws, so I also odered the new screws ($9.66), but I suspect the old screws could be reused if Loctite is applied prior to installation. ********** Customer service is 877-408-1499 or email parts@**********.

Comment

Google the part number or name. try mercury parts. Try welding it back together at a shop...google maps "welding" Remember to use locktight on the screws or you can loose the whole ride plate next time.

Comment

Working...
                  X