120/ Sport Jet impeller

ranman6

Seaman Apprentice
I am thinking of changing my impeller on my 1995 120hp Sport jet,
I don't know if anybody on here has done this or how hard it may be??
Any advice would be appreciated.

ranman6

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 120/ Sport Jet impeller

Well I've got alot of views but no takers..................I guess I am on my own now!!

khusson1

Seaman

I changed out the ride plate/grate, impellar, wear ring and other parts on my 95 sport jet 90hp at the end of last season. Do u have the repair manual? Follow the directions.... pretty cut and dry

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

Have you been changing stator oil? Its only really one more step... on the sj90/120's you can get by with an adjustable wrench if you are lucky, otherwise you have to buy a $$$ mercury deep well socket, or make your own. (which is what I did for my Sj175 impeller. The merc deepwell is $80, it cost me $14 at the local fleet/farm store, and a couple minutes to cut it in 2, put some pipe in the middle, and weld it back up.)

ranman6

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for your input, I do have a manual that I use on a regular basis.....I have rebuilt the whole engine from ground up, but never done a job like this. I am also having a hard time just finding a impeller for this, so if anybody has any links send them my way!

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Check with Solaras Props they make one in their Concorde series . Do not know if it is available or not but that would be a good place to start .