Yamaha SX 230 2004 Jet Boat Flooding Issue

Alex Jordan

Recruit
Starboard motor/water intake leaks into the bilge flooding the engine compartment.

The problem began with experiencing something like the effect of cavitation - the engine would be revving up while getting on a plane. At that time I really thought it was cavitation as it was intermittent.

The other day, though, I could not get on a plane. When I opened the engine compartment, it was half full with water. Eventually the starboard engine stalled, and I had to return on the port engine.

When home, I connected the garden house to the water intake and ran the starboard engine. Eventually water began accumulating in the engine compartment, coming from the mid-ship bilge.

Any suggestions what the problem might be?

So far I couldn't locate any offers for an online service manual. Yamaha are practically inaccessible, and the closest "authorized" service location is 130 miles away.

geneb

Recruit
Re: Yamaha SX 230 2004 Jet Boat Flooding Issue

Hi,
I am experiencing the same water 'leakage' problem as you! Have you heard from anyone about your problem or taken it to a Yamaha dealer? I would really appreciate your help in understanding and fixing this problem since it is quite scary to head out for the day boating while worrying about water coming in!
Please email me back. Thanks.
Gene Brandli
gbrandli@hotmail.com