• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

br7es vs. br8es?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• br7es vs. br8es?

Just noticed the manual calls for BR7ES plugs, both Seadoo XP have BR8ES in them...any significant difference between the two? Whats the correct gap?

Re: br7es vs. br8es?

Friend has an older yamaha that calls for BR8HS, but he runs BR7HS, he says it burns more of the oil off, less fouling I presume, so it runs better longer. I'm not sure of the difference on the ES though.

Comment

For what ski? Year?
      "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

If you responded to my post, it's a 95 Waverunner III.

Comment

You need to run the BR8HS and the correct gap is .024. I assume your ski is a 650, but the plugs and gap are the same for a 700.

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/part_finder/index.asp
          Last edited by Vikesfan; July 30th, 2009, 04:40 PM. Reason: Wrong link
          "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

It's just one heat range different, lower numbers = hotter plug (at least for NGK's like these, I think other mfg's may be different)
            Not a big difference, a hotter plug may keep it from fouling out a little better, if you were having a problem with that.

Comment

Hey Vikes, uhm the BR7 actually runs smoother. Also, I just added the reference to those plugs to help out Jimmytee, I'm not the one that needs the question answered it's Jimmy with the sea-doo. But the gap sounds good for everyone .

Comment

My bad. If its a Seadoo XP then the right plugs would be a BR8ES for the 951, 720, and 650 engines with a gap of .022 and BR7ES for the 580 engines with a gap of .022. The 2003-2005 951 DI engines need a ZFR4F-11 NGK Plug with a gap of .035.

Comment

Working...
                X