95 gts cuts out at high rpm

qaztwo

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just bought a 95 gts and gtx, first time owning/riding them and the gts at about 2/3 throttle cuts out, feels like fuel starvation. Was trying to find carb adjustment screw and found what I thought was one. had a H by it, tried to turn with no luck. Sould i keep searcing, or turn harder.

Rob454

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 95 gts cuts out at high rpm

what did it do? hesitate, cough backfire or id it just shut off like you hit the off button?
Rob

qaztwo

Petty Officer 1st Class

like pulsing, if you took the cut out switch and pushed it in an out real fast

MikDee

Banned

Try putting the fuel valve on reserve, and try it then.

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander

those sometimes have issues with the selector switch for the fuel , loose fuel line clamps,, clogged internal filters in the carbs,, bad diaphragms in the carbs,, gummed up fuel lines.. but your description sounds like fuel starvation to me. any or all of those things will cause this to happen.

Rob454

Chief Petty Officer

I agree with jeff. Sounds liek you have fuel problems
Rob

qaztwo

Petty Officer 1st Class

I also agree about the fuel being the problem, will have to wait till the weeken to try anything.

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander

I always bypass the fuel switch and just go to the reserve on the tank

qaztwo

Petty Officer 1st Class

The simple fixes never seem to work. Tried moving the fuel switch to reserve no luck, ran the main supply to the engine no luck, checked the vent line no luck, cleaned the external filter ontop of tank no luck. Going to pull the carb off after this weenken and get a rebuild kit for it.

Does it run at idle to 1/4 throttle in the water?? If you ease into the throttle slowly from idle to wide open and you get a bog you need to completely disasemble the carbs and make sure the low speed/high speed ports are completely clean...This I dont recommend if you have never worked on watercraft before.If you dont put everything back exactly where it should go (so to speak) you will absolutly blow it up...

qaztwo

Petty Officer 1st Class

I pulled the carb off and the internal filter was completely full of junk.

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander

that is usually the case now go add a clear fuel filter just after the one the factory uses and it will keep the crap out of the carb

heath 4.3

Cadet
If it still does it u may be hitting your rev limit, mine did that and it was the wear ring, ran fine at lower rpm but if i really gasses on it it would tac out