Yamaha Service Manual???

Trailbum

Seaman
Hey Guys, Does anyone have a source for a good quality service manual for my 1994 Yamaha Wave Raider RA700S??? I have tried the Seloc and Clymers manuals for a few outboard motors I have and find them vague at best, as they cover so many different models... I'm hoping to find something that goes into more detail, perhaps from Yamaha if possible???

AaronG

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Yamaha Service Manual???

The Yamaha ones are just as bad. I have a Factory Yamaha manual for my father-in-laws VMAX motorcycle, and for my 90 Waverunner 500. The manuals contain very little text, just pictures with arrows and symbols. They are good for torque values, and checking electrical components, but there is little instruction.

Trailbum

Seaman

Thanks for the info Guys.... especially the link to Yamaha!!! I bit the bullet and ordered the Yamaha manuals online!!! Gotta' be better than what I have... which is NOTHING!!! If I feel the manuals weren't worth the money, I'll post it here after I receive them!! Thanks again!!!

Trailbum

Seaman

OK....Aaron was right!!! Alot of diagrams and drawings, but very little "How To" information... Their translation from Japanese to English (Jenglish??) had me scratching my head while trying to figure out what the heck they're talking about.... IMHO, the Yamaha service manual was NOT worth the $60.00 I spent on it!!!! The Seloc manual covers several different years and models, but does a better job explaining how things work and can usually be found for about a third of the price!!!