• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kawasaki 1100 ZXi

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawasaki 1100 ZXi

I am considering purchasing a 2001 Kawasaki 1100 ZXi with less than 30 hours on it. My questions are:1) Is this 120 hp, 2 seater acceptable for tubing?2) Is it a "good" jetski? 3) Any estimates on what fuel consumption may run?4) Anything to pay specific attention to when I go to look at it?Thanks.

Re: Kawasaki 1100 ZXi

Answer to you rquestions in order1 no not legal in most states to tube or ski behind a 2 seater.2 yes if properly maintained3 HORRIFIC4 not much. You need to have a shop check it out prior to giving the seller your money, Have them check compression and the pump for visiable damage. Hope this helps Rick

Comment

if your state requires a spotter, forget it for pulling any one and if you try to drive a 2 seater with 2 people you better like getting wet because you will be falling over a lot probably before you ever get going. in fla you only need mirrors so then it will work ok ,I have used many 2 seaters here with mirrors.
      I once thought having a 6 figure income would be great,, now I have a 6 figure income TAX , wats up with that!!

Comment

I used to chase a friend who had an 1100ZXi for many a season.He thrashed it severly, was neglegent on maintenance and the thing just kept going.It's a heavy watercraft for its size so if you can legally tube I'm sure it would pull fine.All big two strokes eat gas. No big deal, you can ride for the better part of a day on a tank.

Comment

I just bought a 2000 ZXi 1100 in mint cond. Took it out for 1st run last week. awesome! very fast I am used to riding a big three seat GTI seadoo. at first the Zxi felt a bit unstable but it just digs into the turns like your on a rail. It has been hard to start when cold. but foun out it just the design of the carbs. i was told to get a primer kit for it.

Comment

i just bought a 2000 1100 zxi and hav had nothing but problems with it...i blew the pistons the first season i had it and it is a killer on gas. but it handles like a dream and it is very fast. i did regular maintanence on it and thougt i was treating it good but it still blew up on me. def has enough power for tubing i can pull 2 tubes at once!

Comment

magnoman...did the kit solve the starting problems? and was it from a dealer and how much $$

Comment

primer kits run abotu 15-20$. You should pull the carbs when installing cause you have to take out the choke plates ( highly recommended) and the screws holding the plates need to be drilled out.As for the original questions1. Some states allow 2 seaters to tow but most dont. you need a spot for the driver the spotter and the person on the tube thus 3 seaters are neded.2. Great jet ski. some years are faster than others. some of the latest ones are slugs (52-54MPH) some got to 56-57 in the earlier years.They seem to be very reliable skis ( a couple of my buddies own them)3. My buddies and I can go to the river and run from morning to afternoon ( 1-2 pm) on one tank. thats not full on riding constantly. constant riding I can go abotu 1 hour at top speed but my ski has aftermarket 44s with stock 38s I could go abotu 1 1/2- 1.45 hours on one tank. I have a Yamaha 1100 though.As for what to look for when buying a jet skiI wrote this article and had it posted on SBTontheweb.com http://server1.sbtontheweb.com/forum...ad.php?t=13975 Lots of info on what to look for when purchasing.its abotu 9 pages long if you print it

Comment

Where are you from? Look up your state's law on towing. As with Jeff, we pulled many a skiier behind our 1100 ZXI. Our 97 porpoised quite a bit. The electric trim was somewhat problematic but otherwise the thing was fast, reliable, thirsty and smokey during long idles through the canals. I loved the ZXI. It would take most of the PWCs on the lake, was a terrific wake jumper, submarined easily and was h*&l on sunglasses. I used to Sharpie small sunglasses on the side whenever someone lost a pair. I think it had nine on it when we finally sold it. I even had a pair ripped out of croakies during one particularly nasty throw. JMO. Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X