Electrical issues with my 2004 Yamaha FX Cruier

Kassey27

Recruit
I need help. I have a 2004 Yamaha FX Cruiser that when I push the start button all I get is a beep no multifunction display nothing. Can jump off starter relay. I am at a loss. Can anyone help...

alldodge

Staff member
Not a Yam guy but on a Seadoo if I get one beep it tells me the computer did not recognize the key. I have to remove and reinstall until I get 2 beeps, then it fires right up. Look in the control box for fuses. Is your battery fully charged?

Kassey27

Recruit
The Yamaha has a lanyard not an actual key like Sea-Doo. It ran at one time had motor redone and clutch when I got it back nothing. The multifunction display doesn't even come on. Fuses are good. Battery is fully charged the ski will turn over if I bump the ignition relay with a screw driver. But if I hit the button nothing not even a click. If I hold the start button it will beep and the multifunction will come on for a second and then shut right back off.

alldodge

Staff member
If I hold the start button it will beep and the multifunction will come on for a second and then shut right back off.

Will it do the same thing if the lanyard is not connected?