Does anyone know what part this is? I need to replace it but cant find it.

kevinstan

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I need to replace this part but I cannot find anything online telling me what exactly it is. It looks like a wire harness of some type that has a screw on plug, but it is separate from the main wire harness. My battery strap came off and my battery fell over and shorted out and melted it. Thank you in advance to anyone that can help me. I am stumped on this one...

Attachments

• photo272033.jpg
    photo272033.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 0

Fun Times

Staff member
If possible, adding a photo of the whole component might help someone know plus having as much info as possible of what model watercraft you have might help too.

Have you been able to find an online parts diagram for your model?

Does it seem that you might be able to repair the wiring at all by cutting out and adding new?

kevinstan

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sorry - I did leave off the info... It is a 1997 kawasaki zxi 750.

There are two screw looking caps with 3 wires coming out of one, and two coming out of the other so 5 wires total that run from the back of the jet ski to the front of the engine.

kevinstan

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thank you. That looks like it. So it appears it is the stator assy. I found a new one on ebay that already is connected to the cover .If I buy the new one is it as easy as taking out the 7 bolts holding that one on and putting on the new one? Or are there more steps to doing it? I see the two plugs in the back - but the crankcase cover has the stator attached on the inside. It looks plug and play, but I have never changed one before. Simple fix with a new cover and stator attached?

Fun Times

Staff member
Personally I'm not 100% sure if it's plug and play or if there are measurements involved say using a feeler gauge...... But if you plan on working on this yourself it would be time to buy a service manual and hope the info you're in need of is in there especially being it's the stator assembly.

Looks like your service manual part number is 99924-1188-02 for $35.00 here, https://www.kawasaki.com/ServiceManuals/Manual/JH750C3 Or for more money on EBay too :eek:....https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_od...9924-1188-02.TRS0&_nkw=99924-1188-02&_sacat=0