1996 Polaris SLT 780

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
I've been going about it all the wrong way... I noticed the back is diff than most, so I googled yamaha mfd display repair.. and wa-la --- its on a different forum, but polarization sheets...

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
I have a couple of sl 750s out there with oval displays... will anyone of those work too if I dont wanna go through this hassle?

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
ok, so found an old slt 750 out back with a round display.. took it out, plugged it into mine.. wa-la, comes on and works.. but with ski off, it shows I have a full tank of gas, but the gas is empty... Thoughts?

alldodge

Staff member
If your other one work correctly and this one does not then there is an issue with the display, otherwise maybe the sender

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
Had I known I could not get factory replacement stickers for the fuel switch, gas and shift level.. I would have protected them and not removed them. Anyone know of a place to locate such decals, or have creative ways to replace them?

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
So it runs and flies across the water.. Now.. when I got home, I opened the seat to disconnect the battery and the smell of gas was terrible... Is that normal? Can I install a bilge blower in this thing?

alldodge

Staff member
Now.. when I got home, I opened the seat to disconnect the battery and the smell of gas was terrible... Is that normal?

No that is not normal, and even if you can install a blower (anything is possible) but need to fix the problem first. Might have a crack in the fuel tank

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
I agree 100% on finding and fixing the source. I would like to add a bilge blower though. Must not be the "in" thing to do because I cannot find any pics or info about blowers and pwcs

alldodge

Staff member
Maybe lay some paper towels down low and see if any get dripped on. If you don't have a leak you shouldn't need a blower

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
Im thinking about removing the fuel line that goes from the tank to the on/off switch and using my outdrive pressure pump (its hand powered) and pumping a couple of lbs of pressure into the lines and spraying with soapy water

savetexomabeaches

Chief Petty Officer
I will look the fuel tank over as well. But I did put gas in it 2 weeks before actually taking it to the lake and never had a fuel smell, BUT.. during the test ride, it could have possibly cracked the fuel tank. So will test that as well

alldodge

Staff member
I will look the fuel tank over as well. But I did put gas in it 2 weeks before actually taking it to the lake and never had a fuel smell, BUT.. during the test ride, it could have possibly cracked the fuel tank. So will test that as well

Sounds like a good plan