96 Sports jet Impeller / wear ring questions

Rhys62

Cadet
I have a 96 Bayliner Jazz and am noticing the top end starting to fade a bit but she makes good RPM. So I am looking to see who has experience in the ring and impeller area that might be able to give me some direction as to where to get them refurbed as well as what gaskets and such I will need when I put her back together. Little Bit ( because my daughter wouldn't let me name her Little Bit#$ after my first trip out when the black stator failed and took the regulator rev limiter and brain box out, Red conversion fixed it ) need some love.
Stan

Rhys62

Cadet
Thanks for the Link. From the profile picture we may have sailed together or on Sister ships. Plank owner USS New Jersey 82-84.

Rhys62

Cadet
well I went to the link and it doesn't list a 96 Sportjet 90. is there a engine/year/ser# matrix? on the engine lower(back) casting there is OE050583. I seem to have a bad rectifier/regulator (yellow to yellow is 9k ohms both directions. I need to retest since I had the battery connected and that could false the meter. I was able to get my old ass underneath and look close at the wear ring and impeller looks like about 20 to 25 thousands some small dings in the blades and some scaring on the ring since it looks like a ***** to get at I am thinking, over the winter sending them to a place on the east cost that does a SS sheath for the ring and remans the prop. any one used them before? Impeller $275.00
Housing $350.00
http://www.jetco-usa.com/

alldodge

Staff member
The New Jersey was BB62 so must have fat fingered the 8 instead of 6. My pic is BB63 the Missouri, never sailed on her did walk around on her. Always loved the battleships and miss seeing them gone. They were the only vessel that gave the true meaning of urban renewal.

As for the link, yours was in the list and here is the parts break down, and SN appears to be a 1994 vintage

http://www.mercruiserparts.com/90-jet-drive-1994-0e037000-thru-0e08

Rhys62

Cadet
Was it common to see a 2 year old (New) head put on a boat in production?. The Title says 96 the motor says 94 I may have to see if I can find the drives ser# She has white gelcoat the 94s I've seen are turquois. Just wondering if it was a head swap or a manufacture with an overstock.

alldodge

Staff member
Its not uncommon for the motor to be older then the hull. Many I/O have a one year older motor then the hull, not all just not unusual.

They probably just produce a mess of them in a large production run, and it took two years to install them all